Submit A Film
NHIFF & CTFF
your ticket to independent filmmaking
The 2015/16 Connecticut Film Festival and New Haven International Film Festival season will present a broad spectrum of independent features, documentaries, international, short, and student films. Selected films will be in competition for Jury Awards and overall Audience Favorite.
CTFF is a year-round, state-wide festival hosting 5-6 weekend festivals and a monthly series in numerous cities and towns throughout the state.
Here are some the traditional categories list below. Generally, there are several films each year that don't necessarily fit these categories. They may be considered for special awards.
Best Narrative Feature
Best Connecticut Filmmaker
Best Short Film
Best Comedy Short
Best Connecticut Grown Film
Best Music Video
Best Green / Outdoors
Best Student Film High School
Best Student Film College
Best Sports Film
How to submit your film:
NOTE: WOAB is currently not active, please submit directly by filling out the form and following our instructions below or click the FulmFreeway submission button above.
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey , the world's leading questionnaire tool.
To submit your film to the Connecticut Film Festival, we request that you print your submission form and your payment receipt, then send them along with your DVD (NTSC) screener and support materials to:
Connecticut Film Festival Submissions
Winter 2015 Spring 2015
2015 SHOW US YOUR SHORTS
Competition To Be Announced Soon
2014 Competition Winner:
FOXCT & WCCT and The New Haven International Film Festival Present This Year’s New Haven Show Us Your Shorts Competition:
"Stop Domestic Violence"
Public Service Announcement
Selected PSA finalists in each category will be entered into the competition. WINNING PSAs will be aired in Rotation on: FOXCT, WCCT, This TV Network and the Antenna TV Network. Submission Is FREE. Here Are The Rules:
Produce a 30 second (exactly 30 seconds) Public Service Announcement on Stopping Domestic Violence. The Theme is “Stop Domestic Violence”
1) Complete the registration form below.
2) Make your PSA as soon as possible and upload it to Youtube or Vimeo. The uploaded video should not be Password Protected
3) Email the video link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Leave 3 seconds blank at end to add in tagline: “A Message From”
5) Submissions Deadline is: Tuesday, March 25. Videos will be judged in the order in which the Emails arrive.
6) Finalists will be selected and notified. Finalist PSAs will be screened at Gateway Community College in New Haven alongside the Natalie Merchant film “Shelter” on Saturday morning, March 29 between 11:00am and 1:00pm.
7) FOXCT / NHIFF Awards will be handed out at the end of the screenings.